Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:11 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Dominion VS Borg
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: Deep Space Nine This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Dominion VS. Borg
Dominion
26%
 26%  [ 25 ]
Borg
73%
 73%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 93

Cange
Lieutenant

PostTue Feb 02, 2010 9:44 am    

Quote:
And the Dominion never under-estimates any race?
Ok let's see: the Dominion under-estimated the Cardassians and they got a big asskick from Damar. DAMAR!!

are you kiddin??like damar kicked the entire dominion by himself,he had assistance from the federation there and he had access to all dominion information he needed.damar was an imbecil,if you ask me,the cardassian was a weak part of the dominion,dukat maded the dominion loose DS9 and damar maded the dominion loose the war,and after that the cardassian ppl lost everything...damar was always drunk and kept partying in war time while he was serving the dominion,when he turned on the dominion he had let go of these problem,i do not call this underestimate,of course the war doesnt always goes as you wish,and of course weyoun lost his smile many time,yet i do not call this underestimating,but yes it was a mystake to let damar there but i doubt this would be a problem againts the borg,i dont see any race decide to turn on the dominion to be assimilated....

as for the romans thing,you can compar the centurion to a drone however even there you are wrong,the centurion were very efficient because they used formation we never seen the borg use any kind of formation,and then again if you talking about a drone strategy here it means that there is gonna be a close combat fight,and there goes a drone vs a Jem hadar...close call here...

Quote:
assimilation process gives them full knowledge of how to use the conquered race's technology. That's that. You don't get more imaginative than the guys who thought up that piece of technology. Oh, plus they mix all to their own technology, so they always even upgrade it.

doubt very much about that...from what ive seen so far its not like the collective is a big united family and that everybody's idea is listenned to,from what ive seen the borg enslave ppl and just extract the technology they are awared of,and with this technology they use it as the borg want,not as it should be used.the reason the borg see other race as inferior is because they are unproductive,they sleep,drink and have fun and blablabla,jem hadar dont do these kind of stuff.

Quote:
I based my statement on the Borg credo: what they want is to achieve perfection. (see the Omega-worship). You just say : oh yes they would conquer, believe me cuz I'm telling you. Oh HELL THEY WOULD!

first off the maniac children you talk about is nearly the top of the evolution in matter of cell progress,the borg would be alot more perfect if they would have changeling into the collective.the borg wasted over 300 000 drone to attack the federation and federation casualty were barely up 25 000 if its not less,ifyou consider all of the time they faced together,so far i dont see the federation loosing

by the way the queen did show alot of emotion and she control a part of the collective so...

Reply with quote Back to top
milan
Lieutenant Commander

PostWed Feb 03, 2010 6:47 am    

Well if that's what you think about Borg, that they enslave people to extract technology, and you doubt the fact that they gain full knowledge of the conquered race's technology and combine it with their own, the debate ends here. You have no idea what the Borg are about, period. I dunno why you debate what you don't know.
On the Damar thing: none of your arguments are relevant in changing the fact that Damar SCREWED the Dominion big time. Whatever help he got doesn't change the fact that he made the Cardassians turn. You said the Dominion never underestimates and I just proved that they did. All other debate is beside the point here.
As for the Romans, hasn't Mr. Sun Tzu taught you not to meddle in what you have no idea about? A Centurion is a guy who commands 100 legionnaires, thus cannot be compared to a drone.
Now this is a new thing I'm bringing in and it really puzzles me: What do you guys find cool in a race where the individuals cannot comprehend the value of life? That Founder said: eliminate all Cardassians, cuz they turned on us. Yeayea, wow, tough guys. But do you guys really see something remotely attractive in that? Can you really idoloze a person who just wants to wipe out a planet's population with one word? Does power hold such a lure to you that you blindly fall into its trap? At least the Borg live by the natural law: "Only kill what you're gonna eat". In this case: "Only conquer or assimilate what adds to your own". All the inferior races escape Borg attention. Even so, I don't agree totally with the Borg conception. But the Founders? Hey let's enslave the whole Universe and trillions of lives so the 100 of us can live well, and fxck the rest. In the whole "Dominion" concept only the name was good. It was a 100% bull's eye, when I first heard about them I said: Wow these guys will kick ass! But they didn't... They just had a cool name.

Hockey
Ensign

PostSat Feb 13, 2010 4:49 pm    

If you ask Google fight:
www.googlefight.com

The Borg would win, with 1,730,000 references versus 1,380,000 for the Dominion.

But individually Jem'Hadar beats Borg Drone with 6,150 results versus 5,080 results.

Goto Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: