Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:16 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Quarter’s with/without windows…
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: The Next Generation This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
LtCmd.Dave
Junior Cadet

PostFri May 05, 2006 2:16 pm    Quarter’s with/without windows…

I was watching TNG and got to thinking. Why do some of the characters get quarters with windows, and others don’t??

I assume that the senior staff officers would get the best quarters on the ship. (Not including the guest quarters reserved for admirals / dignitaries). And the lower ranking, junior officers and enlisted men would get the smaller windowless quarters. Would make sense wouldn’t it?

So then why do Data, Geordi and Worf have crap quarters? You know the little gray box like rooms? I mean Data is a Lt. Commander and the second officer (third in command be hind Riker), and chief of Opps. He should have nice quarters. Geordi is right behind Data in the chain of command, also a Lt.Commander and Chief Engineer. Worf is only a Lieutenant, but he is a Sr. officer and chief of security and chief tactical officer, and he had a kid on the ship for a while! He should have nice quarters also. (As far as I’m concerned, he should also be a Lt.Commander) So what gives??

Reply with quote Back to top
John Connor
Admiral of the Terran Empire

PostMon May 29, 2006 7:46 pm    

My guess its probley just wear the quarters are made by paramount and deciding where the charator's quarters go. But its just my guess.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
magenta
Commander

PostThu Jun 01, 2006 12:24 am    

Data probly doesnt need quarters with windows being an android!But Riker being captains Number 1 officer should have views!
Maybe hes too tough for a room with a view!LOL!
Personally I would get space sick if I had a room without windows!

Admiral_Scotty
Freshman Cadet

PostThu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 pm    windows

If i had a choice I would want my quarters center deck, middle of the ship. Away from photon blasts, radiation, interstellar babies trying to nurse on the ship, etc.

Zimmerman's Hollogram
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostThu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 pm    

With the exception of Geordi, I can't imagine either Data or Worf really needing or appreciating windows. Worf likes it dark and secluded, and Data needs more room for his paintings; he also doesn't seem to care about stargazing. I mean, Data could go out for a spacewalk without a suit if he really wanted to see stars....

-------signature-------

"I'm a doctor, not a lightbulb!"

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: