Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:24 pm  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
the klingon are the strongest in the alpha quadrant?
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: Deep Space Nine This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
Cange
Lieutenant

PostFri Oct 16, 2009 8:25 pm    the klingon are the strongest in the alpha quadrant?

i was wondering while rewatching the series,the klingon were pretty powerfull in DS9 series how strong do you think they were realy?

i mean first of they completly wiped out Cardassian force,then they took on the federation and give quiete a good fight,then they were for a while the only line of defence againts the Dominion and held theyr ground.

now from the look of it if they would have gone at war with the federation right away do you think the klingon would have win?

Reply with quote Back to top
milan
Lieutenant Commander

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 3:34 am    

Hmm... as I recall, the Klingons had to make peace with the Federation before TNG, because they saw they would lose the war otherwise, or something like that. Or am I wrong? Even on DS9 they mentioned something about the fact that if they go to war against the Federation there's not much hope of success... (?) But as a personal opinion, they do kick ass, I liked Galron from the moment he started his threats on all frequencies of DS9. He had such maniacal eyes!

Cange
Lieutenant

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 5:38 pm    

your right but in the episode of today sisko mentionned something about fed having trouble to halt the klingon advance

Founder
Dominion Leader

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 10:31 pm    

Depends on what you mean by "strongest". I think after Deep Space 9, the Klingons are the weakest. A war with the Cardassians, Federation, and the Dominion all back to back. Not to mention, during the Dominion War Gowron proved to be a poor war-time leader and many Klingons died due to his leadership. Which is why Worf ended up killing later on and giving the throne to Martok.

Section 31 believes that after the Dominion War, the Romulans would be the biggest threat (although this was said by Sloan before Shinzon killed the Senate and SPOILER:
Quote:
Romulus being destroyed in the new movie)

If you meant during DS9's run? Then yeah, the Klingons were very strong. I don't think they could have taken on the Federation and won, but they would have hurt Starfleet a lot before finally losing in the end. That's just a guess, though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Hockey
Ensign

PostMon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm    

Founder wrote:
I think after Deep Space 9, the Klingons are the weakest.

I disgree. The Cardassians were the weakest after DS9. The Romulans played it best, but their Tal'Shiar was nearly wiped out, so how much intelligence did they have left?

Founder
Dominion Leader

PostTue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 am    

Hockey wrote:
Founder wrote:
I think after Deep Space 9, the Klingons are the weakest.

I disgree. The Cardassians were the weakest after DS9. The Romulans played it best, but their Tal'Shiar was nearly wiped out, so how much intelligence did they have left?

I meant out of the big three: Federation, Romulan, Klingon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Hockey
Ensign

PostTue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 am    

In that case: agreed.

Cange
Lieutenant

PostTue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm    

i usualy agree with you founders but maybey not this time,the klingon may have ended up weaker of the 3 after the war but during the war,but i was talkin about the begginning of the season where the klingon didnt fought any war,like instead of going on the cardassian they would have gone straight for the federation,remember that when the klingon was at war with the federation they were still fighting the cardassian so its 2 empire againts one

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: