Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:42 am  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
Deadpool (20??), Wolverine 2, X-Men Origins: Magneto
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Scifi, Fantasy, and Drama This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
robbiewebster
Rear Admiral

PostThu May 07, 2009 12:19 am    Deadpool (20??), Wolverine 2, X-Men Origins: Magneto

It's official: The mutants are taking over Hollywood. And we're not talking about the freaks running the studios.

Following the monster weekend for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and a day after announcing that a Hugh Jackman-powered sequel is in the works, 20th Century Fox has confirmed to E! News that Jackman's costar Ryan Reynolds will be given his own spinoff and potential franchise-launcher as the Marvel Comics antihero Deadpool.

The 32-year-old Canadian actor, otherwise known as Mr. Scarlett Johansson, will again star as Wade Wilson, a wisecracking, cancer-stricken mercenary who's cured of the disease after undergoing the same Weapon X genetic alteration as Wolverine.

But along with superhuman powers, enhanced strength and self-regenerating healing powers, the slightly unhinged Deadpool can absorb the abilities of dead and captured mutants.

Aside from Deadpool and the Wolverine sequel, Fox is also working on an X-Men spinoff focusing on Ian McKellen's villainous Magneto and another dubbed X-Men: First Class, which is being written by The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Reply with quote Back to top
Curtis
Fleet Admiral

PostThu May 07, 2009 11:07 pm    

I think that would be totally awesome! Much is just considered rumor now from what I hear, but I don't think so. Deadpool was confirmed (as you so kindly pointed out thank you, lol) and I believe that Magneto / Professor X has already been confirmed too. Either way I think these movies will be totally awesome just as Origins : Wolverine was...and whats this? A fourth X-Men movie (probably not titled X-Men 4 : First Class, just X-Men : First Class, lol)?! That's be even more awesome! However, a bud of mine and I were talking today and we made a decision...X-Men Origins : Storm, MUST be done! I mean come on...who doesn't want to see more Halle Berry, I know I do, lol! Anyway...great news all in all and I look forward to these and many more great mutant movies to come!

robbiewebster
Rear Admiral

PostSat May 09, 2009 12:00 am    

Halle Berry has been pretty vocal about not wanting to do another X-Men movie, so if they did make a storm movie I doubt she would be in it. I really want a straight up Gambit movie, but I don't know how likely that is to happen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
Curtis
Fleet Admiral

PostSun May 10, 2009 11:08 pm    

So I've heard...but how do you think they'll do a fourth X-Men movie then? Recast Storm as someone else somewhat close to Berry? Cuz personally...I have grown quite accustomed to Berry / Storm, not saying anyone else couldn't do it...just would seem weird is all.

robbiewebster
Rear Admiral

PostSun May 10, 2009 11:30 pm    

Its going to be an origin story so she'll be younger. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement. They already used a new actor for Scott Summers in Wolverine. I'm sure he'll be in X-Men First Class as well.

Curtis
Fleet Admiral

PostMon May 11, 2009 12:04 am    

Holy canoli! I didn't even notice that, lol! I noticed Scott was in it, just not that he was played by someone else...wow I was off...or just to into the movie, yea, lets go with that, lol! All in all tho, I'm sure it'll be a great movie nonetheless...to me, it'll just seem weird, since Hugh Jackman would likely be the only returnee from the X-Men trilogy...and possibly / probably Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

Founder
Dominion Leader

PostMon May 11, 2009 12:54 am    

A Deadpool movie might be pretty good. Would it be when he is masked or the way he looked in Origins?

Valathous
The Canadian, eh

PostMon May 11, 2009 2:55 am    

robbiewebster wrote:
Halle Berry has been pretty vocal about not wanting to do another X-Men movie, so if they did make a storm movie I doubt she would be in it. I really want a straight up Gambit movie, but I don't know how likely that is to happen.

Agreed! I wish they used Gambit more in this movie. My biggest complaint of the X-men trilogy was the lack of Gambit in it. It's just not the same without the Cajun. Him and Wolverine were always my favourites.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
robbiewebster
Rear Admiral

PostMon May 11, 2009 8:31 pm    

Founder wrote:
A Deadpool movie might be pretty good. Would it be when he is masked or the way he looked in Origins?

Quote:
It could go either way. I kind of think that it will be the way he was when he was in the weapon x program. However, there's a scene after the credits where his hand pops up out of the rubble. It moves around until it grabs hold of the severed head.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: