Friendly Star Trek Discussions Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:20 pm  
  SearchSearch   FAQFAQ   Log inLog in   
What is your favorite "Deep Space Nine" episode?
View: previous topic :: next topic

stv-archives.com Forum Index -> Star Trek: Deep Space Nine This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.
Thomas
Pool Princess

PostSun Mar 20, 2005 6:14 am    

^ That one was goooooood. Was left so goshed,

-------signature-------

Gloss rhymes with hair!

Reply with quote Back to top
magenta
Commander

PostMon May 30, 2005 4:43 am    

soliers of the empire!anything klingon or worf was wicked!!!!!

La Forge
Bajoran Colonel

PostWed Jun 21, 2006 10:35 pm    

Seeing as I wasn't here a year ago, I hope that this won't get locked because I'm posting in it...

Anyways...My favorite episode has to be Past Tense. Sorry, Founder. I haven't seen Far Beyond the Stars...yet. Season 6, right?

-------signature-------

You'll never hear me say this again in my life, but...

Go Red Sox!

Dracojastin
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

PostTue Jul 04, 2006 6:56 pm    

The visitor Season 4 episode 3
Puts a tear to my eye everytime i see it...

MakeItSo
Commander

PostWed Jul 26, 2006 1:58 am    

Lt.CommanderTuvok wrote:
That one was "Way of the Warrior"part 1 and 2..One of my favorites too and:

"Tacking into the Wind"-Where worf kills gowron and martok is made chancellor

"The Sons of Mogh"-Worf has his brother kurns memory erased and cared for by another honorable house.

"In the pale moonlight"

"Soldiers of the empire"-martok and worf serve on the klingon ship rattarwon to bring back honor to the ship.-At the ending worf is invited into the house of martok.

"sword of kahless"

"Q-less"

"Trials and Tribbles"

"what you leave behind" part one and two

Yeah I liked a lot of the Worf episodes as well. "Q-less" was good too. But I'd have to say that I really liked "Tears of the Prophets." I thought I was going to start crying during that episode. I was so shocked when Jadzia died. Her and Worf were going to finally have a baby too.

Last edited by MakeItSo on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:00 pm; edited 4 times in total

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ebad6701
Freshman Cadet

PostWed Jul 26, 2006 8:16 am    

The episode where DS:9 defended itself from the attemted Klingon invasion of the station. I can't remember much but it was a fleet of ships against the station while they were preparing for a dominion attack!

Spellbinder Marik
Tal Shiar General

PostFri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 pm    

Season 6, Episode 25- The Sound of Her Voice.

I liked this episode for a variety of reasons. A few of which were,

Quark finally pulled one over on Odo (But only becuase Odo let him)
You get to see some good character development. But what really got me was O'brien's quote at the end.

O'Brien: I never shook her hand, and I never saw her face... but she made me laugh, and she made me weep. She was all by herself... and I was surrounded by my friends, but I felt more alone than she did. We've grown apart, the lot of us. We didn't mean for it to happen - but it did. The war changed us... pulled us apart. Lisa Cusak was my friend, but you're also my friends. And I want my friends in my life. Because some day we're gonna wake up, we're gonna find that someone is missing from this circle... and on that day we're gonna mourn... but we shouldn't have to mourn alone. To Lisa and the sweet sound of her voice...

-------signature-------

"No changeling has ever harmed another."
- Female Changeling

harrykims#1fan
Fan Girl Muskateer

PostTue Oct 03, 2006 7:29 pm    

gotta be "You are cordially invited" Jadzia and worf FINALLY get married

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger 
Lord Borg
Fleet Admiral

PostWed Oct 04, 2006 1:15 am    

I don't think I posted in here....

I don't really know if I can choose a "favorit" from the whole series, I haven't really seen them all yet, anyways. There are some I like more then others, of course.

Arellia
The Quiet One

PostWed Oct 04, 2006 9:22 am    

"Change of Heart" was really heart-wrenching... I absolutely love that episode. I cried. There are so many other good ones too, but "Far Beyond the Stars" really stands out. That has to be Avery's most amazing performance of the series.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
chaotica
Ensign

PostSat Oct 14, 2006 11:48 pm    

Is there a quick, handy online place to go to to get one's memory refreshed as to what's in each episode? Really short synopses since I can't do a lot of reading with an eye problem I have. I just don't know all the titles-- but give me one sentence probably of exposition, and I'll have it.

Waltz. (Sisko, Dukat marooned, season 6)

The Visitor (Jake yanks his father's chain in a big way, season 4)

Duet (Cardassian war criminal isn't what he seems.... season 2?)

The 2-parter where Worf and Garack go get Martok and Bashir and Tain, and the war's about to start.

2-parter where Garack and Odo meet Tain.

Far... Stars
Sisko punches out Garack
Any scene with Weyoun and Dukat in a room talking by themselves
Weyoun drinks poison and likes it

I'm doing individual scenes now, sorry. That's a good thread idea, though.

Republican_Man
STV's Premier Conservative

PostSun Oct 15, 2006 12:49 am    

chaotica wrote:
Is there a quick, handy online place to go to to get one's memory refreshed as to what's in each episode? Really short synopses since I can't do a lot of reading with an eye problem I have. I just don't know all the titles-- but give me one sentence probably of exposition, and I'll have it.

You can find episode synopsises here: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine. Just find the episode you want, click on it, and read the very brief statement in the beginning, or more if you want to

-------signature-------

"Rights are only as good as the willingness of some to exercise responsibility for those rights- Fmr. Colorado Senate Pres. John Andrews

Lord Borg
Fleet Admiral

PostSun Oct 15, 2006 1:40 am    

chaotica wrote:

Waltz. (Sisko, Dukat marooned, season 6)

Waltz: Sisko and an unstable Dukat are stranded after a Cardassian attack.

The Visitor (Jake yanks his father's chain in a big way, season 4)

The Visitor: After Sisko's apparent death, Jake is unable to deal with the loss.

Duet (Cardassian war criminal isn't what he seems.... season 2?)

Duet(Season One): After a Cardassian man arrives on the station suffering from an illness that he could only have contracted at a Bajoran labour camp during the Occupation, Major Kira leads an investigation to determine whether he is actually a notorious war criminal.

The 2-parter where Worf and Garack go get Martok and Bashir and Tain, and the war's about to start.

In Purgatory's Shadow: Garak and Worf investigate a message which suggests that Cardassian Intelligence master Enabran Tain is still alive. (Part 1 of 2) / The crew tries to defend the Alpha Quadrant from the invading Dominion fleet; Worf, Garak, and the other prisoners prepare to escape from the Dominion Internment Camp. (2 of 2)

2-parter where Garack and Odo meet Tain.

Far... Stars
Sisko punches out Garack
Any scene with Weyoun and Dukat in a room talking by themselves
Weyoun drinks poison and likes it

I'm doing individual scenes now, sorry. That's a good thread idea, though.

I hope that can get you started.....

chaotica
Ensign

PostSun Oct 15, 2006 2:15 am    

Thanks R Man and Mr. Borg.

Solitary Poet
Captain

PostSun Oct 15, 2006 10:11 am    

"One Little Ship"

-------signature-------

“STARGATE: Highlander”, Is Methos an Egyptian god?

Theresa
Lux Mihi Deus

PostWed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 pm    

Spellbinder Marik wrote:
Season 6, Episode 25- The Sound of Her Voice.

I liked this episode for a variety of reasons. A few of which were,

Quark finally pulled one over on Odo (But only becuase Odo let him)
You get to see some good character development. But what really got me was O'brien's quote at the end.

O'Brien: I never shook her hand, and I never saw her face... but she made me laugh, and she made me weep. She was all by herself... and I was surrounded by my friends, but I felt more alone than she did. We've grown apart, the lot of us. We didn't mean for it to happen - but it did. The war changed us... pulled us apart. Lisa Cusak was my friend, but you're also my friends. And I want my friends in my life. Because some day we're gonna wake up, we're gonna find that someone is missing from this circle... and on that day we're gonna mourn... but we shouldn't have to mourn alone. To Lisa and the sweet sound of her voice...

I really liked that ep, too. Just saw it again for the first time in a long time. You knew where it was going, could basically figure out how the "rescue" would end, and there little/no action in it, but it was still great.

-------signature-------

Some of us fall by the wayside
And some of us soar to the stars
And some of us sail through our troubles
And some have to live with our scars

Leo Wyatt
Sweetest Angel

Location: Investigating A Crime Scene. What did Quark do this time?

PostWed Jan 31, 2007 10:49 pm    

In the Pale Moonlight was a good episode that I like

Founder
Dominion Leader

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:37 am    

I honestly can't pick one episode as my favorite. I love so many DS9 eppies. There were definitly some defining moments on the show. I think the episode that hit me with emotions was definitly "The Visitor". No action in the episode, well...a tiny bit. It was pure emotion that only Avery Brooks and Tony Todd could deliver. Simply amazing...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  
La Forge
Bajoran Colonel

PostThu Feb 01, 2007 12:51 am    

I agree with Founder on "The Visitor". That episode was definitely one of the most emotional episodes of any ST show. I can admit it. I shed a tear.

As for my favorite episode? I've made it quite known my above-all favorite episode is "Past Tense" however, as Founder said, there are simply too many to pick just one.

A couple of my favorites are "Duet", "Necessary Evil", "Wrongs Darker than Death or Night" (anything involving the Bajoran Occupation). A few more are "Nor the Battle to the Strong", "Far Beyond the Stars", etc.

In fact, every episode of DS9 is good, in its own way. Of course, there are some episodes I don't care for as much as others ("Second Sight", "Shadowplay", and a few others are probably my least favorites, however, each are still pretty good episodes).

I will say, nearly every episode in the Season 6 was EXCELLENT, particularly "Waltz".

-------signature-------

Go Red Sox!

magenta
Commander

PostSun Feb 04, 2007 7:57 am    

YEAH Way of the Warrior 1 and 2 for sure!!!!Love the klingons and love worf!!!!

Valathous
The Canadian, eh

PostMon Feb 05, 2007 3:31 am    

I don't know the names of all the episodes, and I've only seen them eradically... I've loved all the war based ones I've seen...

I loved "Inter Arma Silent Leges". I love all Section 31 episodes, though. That one was just awesome in showing how intelligent they are that they can anticipate people's actions to know just how the plan is going to unfold. Luther Sloan is awesome.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
GrnXnham
Crewman

PostSun Feb 25, 2007 11:25 pm    

"In the Pale Moonlight"

cmdrFelix
Ensign, Junior Grade

PostSun Feb 25, 2007 11:35 pm    

you must forgive me for not knowing the names of the episodes but that one where Sisko lies to the Romulan to gain their support and it backfires. I think that was one of the best episodes of any star trek series. I just love how it finally shows that no matter how much philosophical crap starfleet spouts they are willing to get their hands just as dirty as the Romulans and the Cardies.

La Forge
Bajoran Colonel

PostMon Feb 26, 2007 8:27 pm    

The name you're thinking of, cmdrFelix, is "In the Pale Moonlight" and, yes, it is one of the best episodes of Star Trek. Then, again, the majority of DS9 episodes are some of ST's finest.

-------signature-------

Go Red Sox!

milan
Lieutenant Commander

PostSun Nov 15, 2009 2:39 pm    

I have just seen "Soldiers of the Empire" and "Children of time". I liked both very much. In Soldiers the acting was what drew me into the plot, I think the guy playing General Martok is a real pro. WIth all the grunts, his bearing even, his manner of speaking really made me believe this is what a highly decorated super-veteran warrior must look like in real life.
P.s. not about the episode, but: I've seen Gowron without the Klingon mask, and I was amazed at how ordinary the guy looked in real life and how he could act out the great warleader in the movie.
"Children of time" caught me with its end, when the old Odo makes the changes for the Defiant to be able to break free. I know everyone had a woman in their lives who made them feel like: "I am a man of reason, but for her I would do anything". Odo did. How about you guys, just an interesting question: would you have done what Odo did, for "the one"?

Goto Page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.

Jump to: